Protection Amulets are objects worn on a person for defense. They pretend to have miraculous and magical powers and can protect whoever put them on. They can prevent specific wrong things from happening to these people or even offer them overall safety from all dangers.
Many people equally use them as ornaments. Bear in mind, however, that ornamental use is not the original purpose of making a protection amulet Some of them are also known to bring good luck to the wearer.
It have been mentioned severally in paganism or folk religion. While in paganism they have powers of their own, in Christianity do not have powers of their own until clergymen bless them.
Also, the ones used in Christianity require that the wearer has faith or positive disposition towards such before the wearer can get any help from them.
There is a clear difference between amulets and other items like charms and talismans. While the first only offers guard, charms and talisman do offer more than safety. They may also give the wearer a kind of magical power to do things that others cannot do naturally.
Also, there is a clear difference between an amulet and a pendant. The first can be in the form of a pendant, but not all pendants are amulets.
Talisman was derived from a Greek word ‘talein,’ which means ‘initiate into the mysteries.’ Talismans may be worn for mystical development, while an amulet is used solely for defense.
Contents of the Article
Buy Protection Amulets
- This delicate cubic zirconia evil eye necklace on a 18k gold plated chain is a timeless piece. CZ good luck necklace features a tiny special cute gold plated lucky symbol coin pendant measuring 17mm....
- If you are wanting to add a little spark to your layering necklace game with a meaningful piece, look no further than our gold evil eye horseshoe necklace. This diamond amulet necklace features a...
- A beautiful lucky horseshoe necklace that can be worn either alone or layered with other chains. Add a little pretty protection to your life with this dainty Evil Eye gold necklace. Evil eye jewelry...
- Hand Carved Engraving Natural Obsidian Fox Empress Amulet pendant necklace made of 100% natural black obsidian gemstone. Both fit For women or men.
- QUALITY MATERIAL--Crafted from 100% natural and genuine fluorite gemstone. Dimensions: 47x 31mm (L x W); Adjustable Chain Length:16"-28.5"(40.6cm-72.4cm); The chain are made of Rope and Brown Glass...
- Fox is Called Kitsune in Japanese and Huli in Chinese. Symbolic meaning of fox pendant: fortune, luck, wisdom, beauty, intelligence, adaptability, and opportunity.
- Meaning of the 7 Knots-The 7-knot bracelet is considered a great amulet for protection against bad energies. Wear this red bracelet to our wrist, we protect ourselves from danger. It can bring you...
- Adjustable Size- The maximum size of the red bracelet is 10 inches,no worried about size, Just adjust slip-on woven rope allows to create your perfect size, ideal for women, men, family, teens, little...
- Red Bracelet for Protection-Red is the symbol of life and flowing in the veins human blood. The red thread worn to protect from negative energy and as an amulet for health, luck and love.
- The Seven Archangels sigil Pandent shows:Seal of the Seven Archangels，Glyph of Luck - AGLA，The Name of God - Tetragrammaton，Name of the Archangels: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Haniel, Tzafqiel,...
- Magic angels sigil Necklace - Protection that is always with you You can wearing no matter where you go, it is the best Amulet for you and it will always help you.
- SPCIFICATIONS: Material:Stainless Steel * Wirdth: 34mm*30mm,Come with a free cable chain 60CM(24 Inches) * High polish smooth surface and delicate not scratch the skin,go well with other jewelry
- ♦ Metal:100% Solid stainless steel. Stainless Steel jewelry does not tarnish and oxidize, which can last longer than other jewelries. It is able to endure a lot of wear and tear. And it is amazingly...
- ♦ This necklace includes 1 pendant + 1 chain;Size of pendant:1.3inches(3.2cm)*1.3inches(3.2cm); Length of chain:22 inches+2 inches extending chain,the chain is finished with a high quality matching...
- ♦ The Tetragrammaton is normally a four letter name of God written in Hebrew.According to actual count, it occurs 5,410 times in the Bible.19th century occultist Eliphas Levi constructed this...
- Material: 316L Stainless Steel, Well Polished Finish, 100% Nickel Free
- Ring Surface About: 17MM X 18MM, Weight About : 20-30g.
- It will Never Get Fade/Tarnished, Authentic, High Quality Guaranteed.
- Package you can get: you will receive 6 pieces Kabbalah red string bracelets , enough quantity provide for you to wear or send to your friends and families, nice accessories for New Year, Christmas,...
- 7 Knots string bracelet: each bracelet designed with 7 knots, and with vibrant red color, there's string at each end that you can stretch the size, so it's very easy to wear, it will find favor with...
- Meaningful present: this red string amulet with profound implications, expressing people's desire to expel bad luck, and bring good luck and wealth to themselves, it is a wonderful gift to share with...
- Paine, Sheila (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 192 Pages - 09/20/2004 (Publication Date) - Inner Traditions (Publisher)
- Made with Created Moonstone Beads
- Stretch Elastic Bracelet for Women, Girls and Boys
- Blue Eye-Shaped Amulet is believed to protect against bad and evil eye
- Pixiu/Pi Yao Pendant: 1.3*0.5"(3.3*1.3cm) Golden Obsidian
- Adjustable handmade sturdy nylon cord, 15-27.5"(38-70cm)
- This Pixiu pendant necklace is made from beautiful obsidian stone in good weight, and obsian is said to activate the third chakra and align it with Divine will
The best Symbols for amulets
The common objects used in making them are:
- Written words
- Animal parts
- Plant parts
- Engraved gems
- Image of God
- Image or symbol of saints
Even a gemstone can act as it, especially if used to protect. A good example of such gemstones is carnelian, which is known to strengthen the auras and protect the wearer.
This gemstone does not need any spiritual power to confer safety on the wearer; it does so naturally. However, its power can be enhanced if it is linked to a specific deity via prayer or if a spell is cast on it.
Written words used can be in the form of incantation and magical spell to repel bad luck and evil. They originate from various cultures, like Far East, Europe, and the Middle East.
In fact, the word “amulet” originated from Latin. It was also referred to as “an object that protects a person from trouble.” Conclusively, a talisman has a broader benefit.
Eye of Horus
The eye of horus is a protective symbol, healing and magic.
Star of David
The star of David is a protective amulet with all jewish power of king david.
The evil eye is also a popular symbol for defense from evil spirits.
There is an association between these symbols and religion. It get their powers via religious symbolism; this is related to the grace of the divine. Your religious leaning can determine the type to use.
Virtually all cultures have a history of using them. Its use dated as far back as the time of cavemen and it is still being used today. They can offer different types of safety, and the particular one you get depends on the symbol and deity to which that symbol is associated.
For example, fertility and pregnancy were protected in ancient Egypt with the use of talismans made in frog symbols.
Human life can be protected with the use of ankh, which symbolizes life. Comfort, defense against evil and good health can be achieved with the use of eye or udjat symbol.
You can also obtain safety against evil magic by using one from the symbol of the scarab.
The most common universal protective symbol ever used is The Eye of Horus, which can keep the wearer under the watchful eyes of the God.
This is the major factor that makes the eyes a universally accepted symbol against evil and this has transcended several cultures.
Fetish is the name given to the ones used in Africa. The African form is usually carved in the image of animals, people or God.
At a later date, Africans were using a complex magical system in the form of sacred letters or grid of numbers to achieve shelter. History has also taught that those cultures that took amulet seriously are among the most successful.
At battlefront, warriors can enjoy safety from unseen forces via protective talismans. One can, therefore, say that there is more to amulets than superstition.
Choice of material
The right material to be used in making them should be a sacred material and in agreement with your choice of religion. You can choose from precious metals, gemstones, bones of saints or holy animals and scared trees.
If you agree with Egyptian mysteries, you can equally adopt carnelian as your choice of sacred material for making; as mentioned above, carnelian is a protective gem sacred to Sekhmet.
Consecrating carnelian to Sekhmet will make it very powerful; it is a common practice in Egypt.
Furthermore, those in India usually consecrate the Tulsi wood to Vishnu for making a talisman. The Stigi wood is used as a protective material in Indonesia.
Ash is considered as the sacred tree to Odin in the Norse tradition; therefore, the Norse people use the tree to carve runes and wear the latter as an Amulet for protection.
The symbolism of the Protective symbols should agree with your religious inclination, as mentioned earlier. As a result, it can become for you a trusted symbol of personal belief in the supernatural.
Whatever material or symbol you choose, it must be in agreement with the supernatural being you believe in.
Where to buy
The symbols are nothing if consecrated. Before you buy it from any outlet, find out about its origin.
The origin will hint you about how it must have been consecrated. Not all magic practitioners can be trusted for the complete and reliable consecration of the amulet.
Mass produced objects that are made of cheap material like pewter are not the best for you; they are only superstitious.
All of theseThese can offer you safety from unseen forces. They can equally protect you from certain physical issues, like an auto accident and so on.
Be that as it may, you must never buy the amulet if you are not certain about the origin or if the origin is not reliable.