Protection Amulets are objects worn on a person for defense. These amulets have miraculous and magical powers and can protect whoever put them on. They can prevent specific wrong things from happening to these people or even offer them overall safety from all dangers.
Many people equally use the amulets as ornaments. Bear in mind, however, that ornamental use is not the original purpose of making a protective amulet Some of them are also known to bring good luck to the wearer.
It have been mentioned severally in paganism or folk religion. While the amulets in paganism have powers of their own, the amulets used for protection in Christianity do not have powers of their own until clergymen bless them.
Also, the amulets used in Christianity require that the wearer has faith or positive disposition towards such amulets before the wearer can get any help from them.
There is a clear difference between amulets and other items like charms and talisman. Amulet only offers guard, charms and talisman do offer more than safety. They may also give the wearer a kind of magical power to do things that others cannot do naturally.
Also, there is a clear difference between a pendant and a protection amulet. An amulet can be in the form of a pendant, but not all pendants are amulets.
Talisman was derived from a Greek word ‘talein,’ which means ‘initiate into the mysteries.’ Talismans may be worn for mystical development, while a Protection Amulet is used solely for defense.
Contents of the Article
The Best Amulets for Protection
- Swart, Jacobus G. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 508 Pages - 08/11/2017 (Publication Date) - The Sangreal Sodality Press (Publisher)
- Rare Holy Bia Kae Shell Embed Takrut Sickness&spiritual Protection Thai Buddha Amulet Free Gift
- Very Well, Blessed by Magician Monk from Original Temple, Never use before
- Size – 2.5 cms (approximately)
- Ancient Eye of horus design,symbol of protection, royal power, and good health. and David star itself is an amulet. that 'sdouble lucky. Fit everyday wear.
- Material: made of solid stainless steel, smooth and comfort feeling. black enamel plated on eye of horus makes a vintage look.
- Pendant size:1.9" H * 1.1"W. 3mm wide twisted rope chain, 20-22 inches long.
- The fox pendant is handmade-carving (each crystal fox is natural that the color is slightly different from pictures, please subject to the actual product you received). Fox attracts positive energy...
- Made of high quality crystal. Fluorite often emits blue-green fluorescence under ultraviolet light, also known as rainbow gemstones. Fluorite can help the mind stay awake and stimulate the right brain...
- Crystal necklace has a calming effect on people and it works better with fox pendant. It is a good gift choice for your lover, family and friends on Mother’s day, birthday, Valentine’s Day and...
- Hand Carved Engraving Natural Obsidian Fox Empress Amulet pendant necklace made of 100% natural black obsidian gemstone. Both fit For women or men.
- QUALITY MATERIAL--Crafted from 100% natural and genuine fluorite gemstone. Dimensions: 47x 31mm (L x W); Adjustable Chain Length:16"-28.5"(40.6cm-72.4cm); The chain are made of Rope and Brown Glass...
- Fox is Called Kitsune in Japanese and Huli in Chinese. Symbolic meaning of fox pendant: fortune, luck, wisdom, beauty, intelligence, adaptability, and opportunity.
- The Vegvisir (Icelandic Vegvísir, “That Which Shows the Way;” pronounced “VEGG-vee-seer”) - The Vegvisir, also known as the runic compass or the Viking compass/Nordic compass made of eight...
- ATTRACTIVE LOOKING - Pendant has vintage looks detail and is made with pewter metal in antique silver finished (Old looking silver). Dimension is approximately: 3.25 x 3.25 Centimeters.
- MATERIAL - The viking necklace is made from Titanium Steel, In terms of allergic safety and high durability this material is superior to most precious metals. Anti-tarnishing, Scratch-resistant,...
- Our gem stone select across the globe, This is a natural obsidian amulet(NATURAL GEM STONE WILL SOUND METALLIC LIKE WHEN YOU STRIKE IT WITH YOU FINGER).Obsidian craft bar style object should be take...
- Each piece of jewelry is exquisitely handcrafted and polished by our most skilled masters.It's handcraft, hand polish and natural gem have its own hardness, so can't as 100% perfect as machine volume...
- Together with the jewelry we present you delicate brocade Gift box, and comes with a spare style rope for your style change.Item Comes With Good Quality Spare Rope With Different Style For Change,...
- ♦ Metal:100% Solid stainless steel. Stainless Steel jewelry does not tarnish and oxidize, which can last longer than other jewelries. It is able to endure a lot of wear and tear. And it is amazingly...
- ♦ This necklace includes 1 pendant + 1 chain;Size of pendant:1.3inches(3.2cm)*1.3inches(3.2cm); Length of chain:22 inches+2 inches extending chain,the chain is finished with a high quality matching...
- ♦ The Tetragrammaton is normally a four letter name of God written in Hebrew.According to actual count, it occurs 5,410 times in the Bible.19th century occultist Eliphas Levi constructed this...
- Best Amulets Collection. Amulet Spiritual Protection Black Agate Crystal Point Wand Pendant on Adjustable Cord NecklaceAmulet Spiritual Protection Black Agate Crystal Point Wand Pendant Necklace
- Very Popular Natural Crystal Point Wand Pendant Necklace
- Made from Black Agate Gemstone Crystal
- ♦ Metal:100% solid stainless steel with 18K gold plated, high quality and environmentally friendly;
- ♦ This necklace includes 1 pendant + 1 chain;Height of pendant:2.48inches(6.3cm);Width of pendant:1.26inch(3.2cm);Length of chain:22 inches+2 inches extending chain,the chain is finished with a high...
- ♦ The combination symbol of Eye of Horus and Ankh Cross. A great protection and statement necklace for egyption and also people who love egypt.
Examples of amulet objects
The common objects used in making amulets are:
- Written words
- Animal parts
- Plant parts
- Engraved gems
- Image of God
- Image or symbol of saints
Even a gemstone can act as an amulet, especially if used for protection. A good example of such gemstones is carnelian, which is known to strengthen the auras and protect the wearer.
This gemstone does not need any spiritual power to confer safety on the wearer; it does so naturally. However, its power can be enhanced if it is linked to a specific deity via prayer or if a spell is cast on it.
Written words used as amulets can be in the form of incantation and magical spell to repel bad luck and evil. They originate from various cultures, like Far East, Europe, and the Middle East.
In fact, the word “amulet” originated from Latin. It was also referred to as “an object that protects a person from trouble.” Conclusively, a talisman has a broader benefit than an amulet.
Eye of Horus
The eye of horus is a symbol of protection, healing and magic.
Star of David
The star of David is a protective amulet with all jewish power of king david.
The evil eye is also a popular symbol for defense from evil spirits.
There is an association between amulet and religion. The Protection Amulet get their powers via religious symbolism; this is related to the grace of the divine. Your religious leaning can determine the type to use.
Virtually all cultures have a history of using them. Its use dated as far back as the time of cavemen and it is still being used today. They can offer different types of safety, and the particular one you get depends on the symbol and deity to which that symbol is associated.
For example, fertility and pregnancy were protected in ancient Egypt with the use of amulets made in frog symbols.
Human life can be protected with the use of ankh, which symbolizes life. Comfort, protection against evil and good health can be achieved with the use of eye or udjat symbol.
You can also obtain safety against evil magic by using one from the symbol of the scarab.
The most common universal protection symbol ever used is The Eye of Horus, which can keep the wearer under the watchful eyes of the God.
This is the major factor that makes the eyes a universally accepted symbol of protection against evil and this has transcended several cultures.
Fetish is the name given to the amulets used in Africa. The African form is usually carved in the image of animals, people or God.
At a later date, Africans were using a complex magical system in the form of sacred letters or grid of numbers to achieve shelter. History has also taught that those cultures that took amulet seriously are among the most successful.
At battlefront, warriors can enjoy safety from unseen forces via protective Amulet. One can, therefore, say that there is more to amulets than superstition.
Choice of material for a Protection Amulet
The right material to be used in making them should be a sacred material and in agreement with your choice of religion. You can choose from precious metals, gemstones, bones of saints or holy animals and scared trees.
If you agree with Egyptian mysteries, you can equally adopt carnelian as your choice of sacred material for making; as mentioned above, carnelian is a protective gem sacred to Sekhmet.
Consecrating carnelian to Sekhmet will make it very powerful; it is a common practice in Egypt.
Furthermore, those in India usually consecrate the Tulsi wood to Vishnu for making a protection amulet. The Stigi wood is used as a protective amulet in Indonesia.
Ash is considered as the sacred tree to Odin in the Norse tradition; therefore, the Norse people use the tree to carve runes and wear the latter as an Amulet for protection.
The symbolism of the Protective Amulets should agree with your religious inclination, as mentioned earlier. As a result, it can become for you a trusted symbol of personal belief in the supernatural.
Whatever material or symbol you choose, it must be in agreement with the supernatural being you believe in.
Where to buy
The symbols are nothing if consecrated. Before you buy it from any outlet, find out about its origin.
The origin will hint you about how it must have been consecrated. Not all magic practitioners can be trusted for the complete and reliable consecration of the amulet.
Mass produced amulets that are made of cheap material like pewter are not the best for you; they are only superstitious.
Protection Amulets can offer you safety from unseen forces. They can equally protect you from certain physical issues, like an auto accident and so on.
Be that as it may, you must never buy the amulet if you are not certain about the origin or if the origin is not reliable.