Protection Amulets are objects worn on a person for defense. They pretend to have miraculous and magical powers and can protect whoever put them on. They can prevent specific wrong things from happening to these people or even offer them overall safety from all dangers.
Many people equally use them as ornaments. Bear in mind, however, that ornamental use is not the original purpose of making a protection amulet Some of them are also known to bring good luck to the wearer.
It have been mentioned severally in paganism or folk religion. While in paganism they have powers of their own, in Christianity do not have powers of their own until clergymen bless them.
Also, the ones used in Christianity require that the wearer has faith or positive disposition towards such before the wearer can get any help from them.
There is a clear difference between amulets and other items like charms and talismans. While the first only offers guard, charms and talisman do offer more than safety. They may also give the wearer a kind of magical power to do things that others cannot do naturally.
Also, there is a clear difference between an amulet and a pendant. The first can be in the form of a pendant, but not all pendants are amulets.
Talisman was derived from a Greek word ‘talein,’ which means ‘initiate into the mysteries.’ Talismans may be worn for mystical development, while an amulet is used solely for defense.
Contents of the Article
Buy Protection Amulets
- Hand Carved Engraving Natural Indian Agate Fox Empress Amulet pendant necklace made of 100% natural gemstone. Due to this is natural stone, so the color will be different as photo showed(green or...
- QUALITY MATERIAL--Crafted from 100% natural and genuine indian gate gemstone. Dimensions: 49 x 35 x 15mm (L x W x T); Adjustable Chain Length:20"-38"(50.8cm-96.5cm); The chain are made of Rope and...
- Fox is Called Kitsune in Japanese and Huli in Chinese. Symbolic meaning of fox pendant: fortune, luck, wisdom, beauty, intelligence, adaptability, and opportunity.
- This delicate cubic zirconia evil eye necklace on a 18k gold plated chain is a timeless piece. CZ good luck necklace features a tiny special cute gold plated lucky symbol coin pendant measuring 17mm....
- If you are wanting to add a little spark to your layering necklace game with a meaningful piece, look no further than our gold evil eye horseshoe necklace. This diamond amulet necklace features a...
- A beautiful lucky horseshoe necklace that can be worn either alone or layered with other chains. Add a little pretty protection to your life with this dainty Evil Eye gold necklace. Evil eye jewelry...
- STAMPED 925 STERLING SILVER - This high quality of evil eye pendant and chain is made from the finest sterling silver as indicated with 925 metal stamp. 925 sterling silver is made from 92.5% silver...
- NICKEL AND LEAD FREE - These beautiful pendant and necklace contain absolutely no nickel or lead, making them safe for people with nickel and lead allergies. Add this great of pendant and necklace to...
- PENDANT NECKLACE - This evil eye pendant size 1.45 x 1.14 inches (height including the bail) The pendant comes with the sterling silver snake chain 18 inches long, Spring ring clasp, making them a...
- 【Black Obsidian】:Corresponds to the bottom wheel, black obsidian can effectively eliminate the negative energy, help to restore physical strength and improve vitality and endurance. It says that...
- 【Design Concept】:Obsidian is known as a very grounding and protective stone.It is said to amplify and purify the body's natural healing,giving strength to the spirit. You can take as an amulet.
- 【Adjustable Nylon Chain】:You can adjust the length of the cord and won't worry that you will receive an unfitting necklace any more. In addition, the necklace is easier to clean due to its nylon...
- ★Materical:Natural Obsidian , Dimensions: 35x25x 11.5mm (L x W x T),Total weight:36g，Length: 19.69 inch - 31.5 inch (Adjustable) ，The chain are made of Rope and Black Glass Beads；
- ★The meaning of Fox：luck,fortune，opportunity，wisdom，intelligence，and beauty；
- ★Exquisitely Handcrafted and Polished,strong rope and durable workmanship,wear comfortable;
- Protection Bracelet: Evil Eye will bring protection, and black string bracelet is a simple and fashion decoration for your appearance.
- Length: 5.5” to up to 10.2”/14-26cm, which well fits both women and men
- Material: soft string and alloy. Made by experienced craftsman. Simple and dainty accessories are suitable for everyone.
- CUSTOMIZE: Select 16" - 24" chain lengths to create the exact look you want. Solid 925 Sterling Silver 2.06mm Rolo Chain Made in Italy with "925 Italy" stamped on clasp. Each set is made for YOU....
- SIMPLE ELEGANCE: The minimalist styling highlights the beauty of the wearer without being distracting.
- YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE: We are a .org and 100% of profits are donated to the Hawaii Wildlife Fund. In addition, your purchase supports an American small business dedicated to eco-friendly initiatives
- ♥MEANING♥ The 7-knot bracelet is considered a great amulet for protection against bad energies. It can bring you success and good luck.
- ♥ADJUSTABLE♥ This red string bracelet is adjustable with a sliding knot closure, you could adjust it to your size, ideal for women, men, teens.
- ♥HANDMADE♥ The Kabbalah red knot string bracelet is handmade, so it is very hard-wearing and delicate, and it will not exert burden on your wrist for its lightweight material.
- Ancient Eye of horus design,symbol of protection, royal power, and good health. and David star itself is an amulet. that 'sdouble lucky. Fit everyday wear.
- Material: made of solid stainless steel, smooth and comfort feeling. black enamel plated on eye of horus makes a vintage look.
- Pendant size:1.9" H * 1.1"W. 3mm wide twisted rope chain, 20-22 inches long.
The best Symbols for amulets
The common objects used in making them are:
- Written words
- Animal parts
- Plant parts
- Engraved gems
- Image of God
- Image or symbol of saints
Even a gemstone can act as it, especially if used to protect. A good example of such gemstones is carnelian, which is known to strengthen the auras and protect the wearer.
This gemstone does not need any spiritual power to confer safety on the wearer; it does so naturally. However, its power can be enhanced if it is linked to a specific deity via prayer or if a spell is cast on it.
Written words used can be in the form of incantation and magical spell to repel bad luck and evil. They originate from various cultures, like Far East, Europe, and the Middle East.
In fact, the word “amulet” originated from Latin. It was also referred to as “an object that protects a person from trouble.” Conclusively, a talisman has a broader benefit.
Eye of Horus
The eye of horus is a protective symbol, healing and magic.
Star of David
The star of David is a protective amulet with all jewish power of king david.
The evil eye is also a popular symbol for defense from evil spirits.
There is an association between these symbols and religion. It get their powers via religious symbolism; this is related to the grace of the divine. Your religious leaning can determine the type to use.
Virtually all cultures have a history of using them. Its use dated as far back as the time of cavemen and it is still being used today. They can offer different types of safety, and the particular one you get depends on the symbol and deity to which that symbol is associated.
For example, fertility and pregnancy were protected in ancient Egypt with the use of talismans made in frog symbols.
Human life can be protected with the use of ankh, which symbolizes life. Comfort, defense against evil and good health can be achieved with the use of eye or udjat symbol.
You can also obtain safety against evil magic by using one from the symbol of the scarab.
The most common universal protective symbol ever used is The Eye of Horus, which can keep the wearer under the watchful eyes of the God.
This is the major factor that makes the eyes a universally accepted symbol against evil and this has transcended several cultures.
Fetish is the name given to the ones used in Africa. The African form is usually carved in the image of animals, people or God.
At a later date, Africans were using a complex magical system in the form of sacred letters or grid of numbers to achieve shelter. History has also taught that those cultures that took amulet seriously are among the most successful.
At battlefront, warriors can enjoy safety from unseen forces via protective talismans. One can, therefore, say that there is more to amulets than superstition.
Choice of material
The right material to be used in making them should be a sacred material and in agreement with your choice of religion. You can choose from precious metals, gemstones, bones of saints or holy animals and scared trees.
If you agree with Egyptian mysteries, you can equally adopt carnelian as your choice of sacred material for making; as mentioned above, carnelian is a protective gem sacred to Sekhmet.
Consecrating carnelian to Sekhmet will make it very powerful; it is a common practice in Egypt.
Furthermore, those in India usually consecrate the Tulsi wood to Vishnu for making a talisman. The Stigi wood is used as a protective material in Indonesia.
Ash is considered as the sacred tree to Odin in the Norse tradition; therefore, the Norse people use the tree to carve runes and wear the latter as an Amulet for protection.
The symbolism of the Protective symbols should agree with your religious inclination, as mentioned earlier. As a result, it can become for you a trusted symbol of personal belief in the supernatural.
Whatever material or symbol you choose, it must be in agreement with the supernatural being you believe in.
Where to buy
The symbols are nothing if consecrated. Before you buy it from any outlet, find out about its origin.
The origin will hint you about how it must have been consecrated. Not all magic practitioners can be trusted for the complete and reliable consecration of the amulet.
Mass produced objects that are made of cheap material like pewter are not the best for you; they are only superstitious.
All of theseThese can offer you safety from unseen forces. They can equally protect you from certain physical issues, like an auto accident and so on.
Be that as it may, you must never buy the amulet if you are not certain about the origin or if the origin is not reliable.