If you are really not tech savvy, you should know right now that you are not alone. You are actually like hundreds of thousands of people out there who still need a bit of guidance from time to time.
- Have you ever wondered how you can open that important document saved in PDF format (portable document format) on your Android phone?
- Have you experienced some difficulty in opening your PDF document on Windows OS, Google Chrome, Android, and MAC?
Well, if these questions resonate with you, then you are at the right place.
In this article, you will learn how you can easily open a PDF document regardless of whether it is on Android, Windows OS, Google Chrome or MAC. So sit back, relax, and be informed.
How to open PDF files
Opening on Android and Windows OS with Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you want to open a Portable Document Format, otherwise known as PDF from your Android OS device, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
This software application is free to use and can also be downloaded on your Windows 10 OS including versions 7 and older. Adobe Acrobat Reader allows you to open, view, append your signature, annotate, and print PDF documents with seamless ease.
If you already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your Android or Windows OS, you can open a PDF file as follows;
- First, go to : “File”
- Secondly, scroll to : “My Computer” and then “Browser”
- Thirdly : Select your PDF file and then click on “Open” to view and work on the file.
Opening on Google Chrome
You can also open your PDF file on your Windows PC by using Google Chrome. Google Chrome can be used like bonafide a PDF reader and here’s how it’s done.
- First of all, select the PDF file and then right-click on it.
- Secondly, click on “Open With”.
- Thirdly, click on “Browse” which is a button located below at the right-hand corner.
- Fourthly, browse and locate the Google Chrome installation folder on your Windows PC. To locate the Google Chrome installation folder, you can get on the Chrome shortcut and right-click on it. Next, go to “Properties” then “Shortcut”.
- The location of the folder will be seen in a Target box. Copy and then paste the entire path.
Opening on MAC OS
There are two simple ways that you can open a PDF file on your MAC PC. The first is in preview mode while the second is via Safari. Both methods involve the use of pre-installed applications on MAC.
To open PDF on Preview mode;
- Start with right clicking your PDF file.
- Next, select the “Open With” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Preview” to open the PDF file.
If you want to use Safari to open a PDF file on your MAC PC follow these instructions;
- You should first select your PDF file by right clicking on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose “Open With”.
- Select “Safari” from the options provided under the “Open With” selection and you will be able to view your PDF file from Safari.
There are still other ways by which you can open your PDF file on Windows, Google Chrome, Android, and MAC. However, the methods provided in this article are the simplest available and should get you viewing and working on your PDF documents right away. So learn these methods and use them.
Adobe Acrobat reader also support formats _pdf, pdf’, pdf_ and pdf_1
What are the best Web based free PDF converters?
- Zamzar: An online free converter.
- SmallPDF: Free 14 days trial online conversion from PDF to other formats and vice versa.