Contents of the Article
- 1 Cannot Open PDF Files
- 2 Download to open PDF Files Free Viewers
- 3 How do I open PDF files in Windows, MAC and Android
- 4 FAQ about portable document format files
Cannot Open PDF Files
You can open pdf document double clicking on it in any operating system. The file will display in your default browser, a pdf reader software like adobe acrobat dc.
You can also convert to another file format with a converter.
- Extension: .PDF
- Description: Portable Document file Format
- File Type: Document files
- Mime type: application/pdfapplication/x-bzpdfapplication/x-gzpdf
- How can you view that document saved in PDF format (portable document format) on your Android phone?
- Have you had some difficulty viewing pdfs or when you receive pdf attachments in opening and reading your .PDF document on Windows OS, Google Chrome, Android, and MAC?
The best way to open a pdf file is use a browser, or a reader to read your document. You can also convert the file to another format (document or image) like DOC or PNG to share pdfs.
In this article, you will learn how you can easily view a PDF file document with a reader or viewer on Android operating system, Windows OS, Google Chrome, linux or MAC.
Download to open PDF Files Free Viewers
These files readers, free pdf viewers, openers and converters can help you viewing, edit, convert and open your files for free.
You can download them for free on the free download Link.
|free pdf viewer||Price||File Viewer||File Editor||File Converter||Free Download|
|Adobe Acrobat||Free (personal use)||Yes||paid version||paid version||https://get.adobe.com/reader/|
How do I open PDF files in Windows, MAC and Android
We will see some software to open a pdf file. You can view your portable document format files in Windows, MAC and Android.
But you can also use a web browser like mozilla firefox, edge, opera, safari, internet explorer or chrome to view your files.
Most of them work as a pdf viewer. Also a chrome extension or Google Drive are a good options to display your file.
Using and Online PDF reader and editor
The best shot you have for your files without downloading is using an online editor to view your file or documents online.
Google docs is a good alternative to view your pdfs online without acrobat reader or downloading any program. https://docs.google.com/
You can try this online free pdf viewer for your files. It is very easy to use. It is a paid online software.
- Go to the URL: https://www.pdfpro.co/pdf-viewer
- Drag your document and upload it.
- View your file online
Another online pdf viewer for your files. This is free to use. There is also a paid version for a small fee.
- Go to the URL
- Click on upload to PDF escape.
- View the document.
Sodapdf is another pdf viewer to view your file or portable document files formats on the internet.
- Go to https://www.sodapdf.com/pdf-reader/
- Click on choose your file and upload it.
- View your document.
It also has a chrome extension.
Paint is an editor that can view a pdf if you convert it first to an image format compatible with paint.
With Adobe Acrobat Reader dc
If you want to view a Portable Document Format from your Android OS device, you can use a PDF reader and file viewer like Adobe Acrobat Reader dc.
The adobe reader is a free trial. And it can also be downloaded on your Windows 10 OS, versions 7 and older. Adobe Reader allows you to open, view files, append your signature, annotate, and print PDF documents with seamless ease.
If you already have the Adobe Reader installed on your Android or Windows OS, you can view your PDF file as follows;
- First, go to the file menu : “File”
- Secondly, scroll to : “My Computer” and then “Browse files”
- Thirdly : Select your .PDF document and then double-click on “Open” to view and work on the file.
- If you have a license you will be able to save the files. Just look for the save as option and write a file name.
It is a good idea to make adobe reader your default program as it is the original and best pdf reader for these files.
Using Google Chrome browser
You can also open your .PDF files on your Windows PC by using Chrome. Chrome can be used like bonafide a reader and here’s how it’s done.
- First of all, select the file and then right-click on it.
- Secondly, click on “Open With”.
- Thirdly, click on “Browse” which is a button located below at the right-hand corner.
- Fourthly, browse and locate the Google Chrome installation folder on your Windows PC.
- To locate the installation folder, you can get on the Chrome shortcut and right-click on it. Next, go to “Properties” then “Shortcut”.
- The location of the folder will be seen in a Target box. Copy and then paste the entire path.
Another alternative is the use of a plugin. There are some in the chrome webstore like this one.
In Microsoft Word
- Launch Microsoft word
- Go to the menu option File – Open
- Find the .pdf with the browse option.
- Click on it to confirm
- Word is goinf to convert the original file to a word format.
On MAC OS
There are two simple ways that you can open the PDF files on your MAC PC. The first is in preview mode while the second is via Safari. Both methods involve the use of pre-installed applications on MAC.
To open a PDF document on Preview mode;
- Start with right clicking your PDF files.
- Next, select the “Open With” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Preview” to open files.
If you want to use Safari to view PDF documents on your MAC PC follow these instructions;
- You should first select your files by right clicking on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose “Open With”.
- Select “Safari” from the options provided under the “Open With” selection and you will be able to view your PDF files from Safari.
There are still other ways by which you can open your PDF file on Windows, Google Chrome, Android, and MAC. However, the methods provided in this article are the simplest available and should get you viewing and working on your documents right away. So learn these methods and use them.
Adobe Acrobat reader also support formats _pdf, pdf’, pdf_ and pdf_1
FAQ about portable document format files
How to Convert PDF to Word?
Yes, you can convert PDF to word with a converter. Check the online converter options we propose at the end of the article.
How to Convert Word to PDF?
Yes, you can convert word to PDF with Microsoft Word.
How to create PDF files
You can create it with a PDF writer program like Adobe Acrobat. You will need a trial license or a full paid license.
You can create a link to open pdf documents with Adobe Acrobat. Follow these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html
What are the best Web based free PDF converters?
- Zamzar: An online free converter.
- SmallPDF: Free 14 days trial online conversion to other formats and vice versa. You can also open a password protected pdf file with the unlock option in SmallPDF.