- Extension: .PDF
- Description: Portable Document file Format
- File Type: Document
- Mime type: application/pdfapplication/x-bzpdfapplication/x-gzpdf
If you are really not tech savvy, you should know right now that you are not alone. You are actually like many people out there who still need a bit of guidance from time to time.
For example. What about:
- Have you ever wondered how you can open that document saved in PDF format (portable document format) on your Android phone?
- Have you had some difficulty when you receive pdf attachments in opening and reading your .PDF document on Windows OS, Google Chrome, Android, and MAC?
Well, if these questions resonate with you, then you are at the right place. We will see how to it step by step.
The best way to open your pdf file is to use one of the above readers or convert the file to another format (document or image) like DOC or PNG.
In this article, you will learn how you can easily open a PDF document with a reader or viewer regardless of whether it is on Android operating system, Windows OS, Google Chrome, linux or MAC. So sit back, relax, and be informed.
Contents of the Article
- 1 Programs that open PDF Files Free Download
- 2 How to open PDF files Online, in Windows, MAC and Android
- 3 Open a pdf file on Android and Windows OS with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- 4 Open a pdf file on Google Chrome
- 5 Open a pdf file on MAC OS
- 6 FAQ about portable document format files
Programs that open PDF Files Free Download
These readers, viewers, openers and converters can open a PDF file for free. You can download them for free on the download Link.
|Adobe Acrobat||Free (personal use)||Yes||paid version||paid version||https://get.adobe.com/reader/|
How to open PDF files Online, in Windows, MAC and Android
We will see some software. But you can also use a web browser like mozilla firefox, edge, opera, safari, internet explorer or chrome.
Most of them work as a pdf viewer. Also Google Drive is a good option.
Online PDF reader and editor
The best shot you have without downloading is using an online editor to view your pdf documents online.
You can try this online pdf viewer. It is very easy to use. It is a paid online software.
- Go to the URL: https://www.pdfpro.co/pdf-viewer
- Drag your document and upload it.
- View it online
Another online editor. This is free to use. There is also a paid version for a small fee.
- Go to the URL
- Click on upload PDF to PDF escape.
- View the document.
Sodapdf is another option to view your portable document formats on the internet.
- Go to https://www.sodapdf.com/pdf-reader/
- Click on choose your file and upload it.
- View your document.
Open a pdf file on Android and Windows OS with Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you want to view a Portable Document Format, otherwise known as PDF from your Android OS device, you can use a PDF reader and viewer like Adobe Acrobat Reader dc.
This software application is free to use. And it can also be downloaded on your Windows 10 OS including versions 7 and older. Adobe Reader allows you to open, view, append your signature, annotate, and print PDF documents with seamless ease.
If you already have the Adobe Reader installed on your Android or Windows OS, you can view a PDF file as follows;
- First, go to the file menu : “File”
- Secondly, scroll to : “My Computer” and then “Browser”
- Thirdly : Select your .PDF document and then double-click on “Open” to view and work on the file.
- If you have a license you will be able to save it. Just look for the save as option and write a file name.
It is a good idea to make adobe reader your default program as it is the original and best pdf reader.
Open a pdf file on Google Chrome
You can also open your .PDF files on your Windows PC by using Google Chrome. Google Chrome can be used like bonafide a PDF reader and here’s how it’s done.
- First of all, select the PDF file and then right-click on it.
- Secondly, click on “Open With”.
- Thirdly, click on “Browse” which is a button located below at the right-hand corner.
- Fourthly, browse and locate the Google Chrome installation folder on your Windows PC. To locate the Google Chrome installation folder, you can get on the Chrome shortcut and right-click on it. Next, go to “Properties” then “Shortcut”.
- The location of the folder will be seen in a Target box. Copy and then paste the entire path.
Another alternative is the use of a plugin. There are some in the chrome webstore like this one.
Open a pdf file on MAC OS
There are two simple ways that you can open a PDF file on your MAC PC. The first is in preview mode while the second is via Safari. Both methods involve the use of pre-installed applications on MAC.
To open PDF on Preview mode;
- Start with right clicking your PDF files.
- Next, select the “Open With” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Preview” to open it.
If you want to use Safari to view PDF documents on your MAC PC follow these instructions;
- You should first select your PDF files by right clicking on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose “Open With”.
- Select “Safari” from the options provided under the “Open With” selection and you will be able to view your PDF files from Safari.
There are still other ways by which you can open your PDF file on Windows, Google Chrome, Android, and MAC. However, the methods provided in this article are the simplest available and should get you viewing and working on your PDF documents right away. So learn these methods and use them.
Adobe Acrobat reader also support formats _pdf, pdf’, pdf_ and pdf_1
FAQ about portable document format files
Convert PDF to Word is it possible?
Yes, you can convert PDF to word with a converter. Check the online converter options we propose at the end of the article.
Convert Word to PDF is it possible?
Yes, you can convert word to PDF with Microsoft Word.
How to create a PDF
You can create it with a PDF writer program like Adobe Acrobat. You will need a trial license.
You can do it with Adobe Acrobat. Follow these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html
What are the best Web based free PDF converters?
- Zamzar: An online free converter.
- SmallPDF: Free 14 days trial online conversion from PDF to other formats and vice versa.