What is a Satanic Gift Do you have a friend, who is a Satanist and you are worried about the right gift to buy for such a person? Why not simply check out any of the Satanist satanic gifts out there to buy for that friend? The gift will undoubtedly have a very strong […]
Demonology - Definition
Definition - What is Demonology?
- The articles Egypt,
- And savage demonology under the heads of the various countries and races where it had its origin.
Facts about Demonology
These are the most interesting facts about demonology.
According to Michael Psellus a demonology expert, demons are divided into six great bodies:
- First, those of the fire.
- Second, those of the air.
- Third, those of the earth.
- Fourth, those inhabiting waters and rivers, and causing tempests and floods.
- Fifth,those who are subterranean that prepare earthquakes and excite volcanic eruptions.
- Sixth, those that are shadows, something of the nature of ghosts. St. Augustine comprehended all demons under the last category.
- and gnomes.
- The first and highest order were the seraphim.
- The second was the cherubim.
- The third order was the thrones.
- The fourth of the dominions.
- The fifth, of the virtues.
- The sixth of the powers.
- The seventh of principalities.
- The eighth of archangels.
- The ninth, and lowest, of angels.
- Devil Dukes,
- Devil Marquises,
- Devil Counts,
- Devil Earls,
- Devil Knights,
- Devil Presidents,
- and Devil Prelates.
Other forms made use of by demons were:
- Those of a fierce warrior.
- An old man riding upon a crocodile with a hawk in his hand.
- A human figure would arise having wings of a griffin. prouting three hands, two of them being like those of a toad or of a cat.
- Defended with huge teeth and horns, and armed with a sword.
- Displaying a dog's teeth and a raven's head.
- Mounted upon a pale horse, and exhibiting a serpent's tail.
- Gloriously crowned, and riding upon a dromedary.
- Presenting the face of a lion; or bestriding a bear, and grasping a viper. There are also such shapes as those of an archer, or a Zenophilus.
A demonical king would ride upon a pale horse; or assume a leopard's face and griffin's wings;or put on the three heads of a bull, a man, and a ram, with a serpent's tail, and the feet of a goose; and, in his attire bestride a dragon, and bear in his hand a lance and a flag.
Or, instead of being thus employed, goad the flanks of a furious beast, and carry in his fist a hawk. Other forms were:
- Those of a goodly knight.
- One who bore lance, ensigns, and even a scepter.
- A soldier, either riding a black horse, and surrounded by a flame of fire.
- Wearing on his head a duke's crown, and mounted on a crocodile or assuming a lion's face, and, with fiery eyes, spurring ona gigantic charger.
- With the same frightful pale horse.
- Clad from head to foot in crimson raiment, wearing on his bold front a crown, and sallying alone on a red stead.
- Adramelech, Grand Chancellor;
- Astaroth, Grand Treasurer;
- Negral, Chief of the Secret Police;
- Baal, Chief of the Satanic Army.
- Belphegor is thus accredited to France.
- Mammon to England.
- Belial to Turkey.
- Rimmon to Russia.
- Thamuz to Spain.
- Hutjin to Italy.
- and Martinet to Switzerland.
List of Demons and Demonology
In this section are descriptions of Demonology and beliefs and topics related to its practice. (Some of the subjects fit into other Topics also.)
Finally, the following articles are presented:
Demonology is the study of demons and demonic beliefs especially the techniques to control them and to summon them. With an increase in awareness about the presence of such creatures and an increased interest of people depicted in such paranormal creatures and their activities, the trend of demon topics is increasing steadily. With the […]
Zepar is a demon of Goetia and a familiar of Lilith. It is a fallen angel. He seduces woman copying the form of the lover or husband. He is the sixteenth spirit. Sigil The Sigil of Zepar. See the image below. A seal in black. Spirits of Aleister Crowley’s Illustrated Goetia Zepar Characteristics Rank: Duke Degree: 10 […]
Yam is the Ugaritic god of the sea and rivers. He also is named Yam-Hahar, “Judge River.” The designation of “sea-god” comes from Canaanite Yam and Hebrew D’, both meaning “sea.” Yam is one of the sons or Elohim (usually the singular designation for god or God) of El, the supreme deity. Baal, the sky-god, being son of Dagon […]
Spirits of Aleister Crowley’s Illustrated Goetia Rank: Duke Degree: 20 – 30 Zodiac sign: Taurus (day May 21 – May 30) Tarot: Seven of Disks Alchemical sign: Venus – Copper Valefor is the Sixth Spirit, a Mighty Duke. He appears in the shape of a lion having an ass’s head and bellowing (or lowing). He is a good Familiar, but tempts […]
Spirits of Aleister Crowley’s Illustrated Goetia Rank: Prince Degree: 20 – 30 Zodiac sign: Cancer (day July 12 – July 21) Tarot: Four of Cups Alchemical sign: Jupiter – Tin Satri is the Twelfth Spirit, a Great Prince, He appears at first with a Leopard’s head and the Wing’s of a Gryphon, but after the command of the Magician he assumes […]